Think pancakes are an indulgent treat?
Well they are but they can also be super healthy if you know how to make them as such!
Check out my contribution to Nicola Joyce aka The Fit Writer’s blog on healthy pancake recipes.
Ingredients (makes 2 pancakes)
– 2 eggs
– 100g ricotta cheese
– 1 scoop (25-30g) protein powder
– 1 tsp. vanilla extract
– 1 tsp. cinnamon
– 1/2 tsp. baking powder
– Pinch of salt
– Coconut oil, to grease the pan
– Whisk all the ingredients together except the oil to make a smooth batter.
– Grease a frying pan lightly with coconut oil and heat to a high heat.
– In two batches, pour the pancake batter into the pan then turn the heat to low.
– After a couple of minutes (when the pancake starts to come loose and bubbles appear), flip it over.
– Fry for a further 2-3 minutes before turning out onto a plate and serving with fruit.